Monday, January 5, 2009

Commonwealth Essay Competition

Hi girls!
Here are the topics for the Commonwealth Essay Competition.

1. There is a fuel shortage in your area. How does your family cope?

2. You have decided to stand for leader of your community. Write a short speech stating what you will do to improve where you live.

3. The day was perfect for a swim...

4. The most exciting day of my life.

5. Write about what your life would have been like if you had been born a hundred years ago.

6. Commonwealth Question OR Charlton Athletic Community Trust Question.
Commonwealth Question
Over half of the 1.8 billion people in the Commonwealth are aged under 25 or under. What changes in your country would enhance the lives of young people?
Charlton Atheltic Community Trust Question
'The Beautiful Game': Why does football inspire such passion around the world?

Do keep to the word limit (300 - 600 words).
Have fun writing.
Deadline: 15 January 2009

Cheerio,
Ms Sarina :D

3 comments:

  1. oh gawd, th commonwealth essay i chose ques.3 !!! juz wrote abt 3/8 of th compo and ended up with 465 words! idk how long more i'll go... will they accept such a long compo??? gawd..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I STILL can't decide on what title to do!!!
    I write and delete over and over!!!
    How to reach 600 words? :C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had write 3/4 of the compo but I won't make to pass tomorrow

    ReplyDelete